May 7, 2013

LookBook: Lavender Fever, Florals + Black and the Tomboy Girl!

   Well hello ladies! While my personal saga with finding the perfect yet affordable camera continues I've decided to gather up the latest looks and keep you entertained this way. Luckily I was still working a couple of days a week which allows me to dress up a bit and therefore have some fun blog material for you.

   That being said I just wanted to give you a heads up on some of the things that are happening this month, we're moving back to Indy...Yay!!!!! Can't scream loud enough, even though our adventure as a family in Vail was beautiful and the people here were so warm and nice we are ready to go back HOME, to our own bed, our own back yard and obviously what I missed the most our awesome friends! So, I'll be pretty busy with packing and leaving and even busier once we get home, unpacking, kids summer vacation (ai ai ai) and getting the place ready to receive friends and family all summer long! So, I'll try to keep posting as much as I can but forgive the lack of schedule or maintenance towards the blog, mommy "career" comes first ;)

   Ok, enough of blah blah blah and let's get to the outfits, shall we?!

 DAY1: A few of my favorite colors this spring are the soft pastels and Lavender seems to have won a special place in my "Black and White" heart! It's like the new nude, or a nude with an attitude (tacky, I know! hehehehe) but seriously it's been such a sweet surprise that I even went all the way and got a lipgloss in the hue. Haha, and as incredible as it sounds I'm actually wearing it and loving it. The best way to wear I found is after your lip balm alone or accompanied by a cool color lipstick such as Snob by Mac, I think pinks tend to blend nicer with the lavender and sort of tone it down a notch. Just the thought of lavender lipstick and lipgloss together makes me feel ready to enter "Alice in the Wonderland" land....literally!


H&M floral blouse; Blanknyc skinny jeans; Target pumps and belt; Rebecca Minkoff mini mac in Lavender!
   For the ladies who asked so much and I couldn't find the nail polish color, here it is: Lav-endure 145 by Cover Girl and if you don't know about their polishes yet, it's worth taking a look at them. I found their texture and longevity much better than some high-end designer polishes (such as Chanel), pretty comparable to Essie and O.P.I. 

Stella and dot bracelet; Purple fur vest (gift from my former manager!) and my cool Steve Madden bandit boots in Stone
 Also, I'm loving the Sephora Lip Balms I showed you in my Haul video, very moisturizing and perfect to wear under your favorite lipstick.

Day 2: I'm a bit heart broken by sharing this look on pictures, I worked on a makeup/outfit video this day ( for hours) only to find out the media I used along with the particular camcorder weren't compatible to my iMovie, in other words I couldn't edit the video or even see it on my computer with a decent quality...
H&M Floral blouse and neon skinny belt; Goldsign Black premium denim; Forever 21 booties; target earrings

I wore false lashes and impassioned lipstick by Mac as a WOW factor on the outfit

To top it off, I chose my tweed cropped jacket in black by Ann Taylor (chic and casual at the same time)

   Day 3: Love the idea of the look, hate how it made my legs look shorter than they are! Ugh, oh well too little too late, if I had to change something I would pair the boots with a more "body con" dress to balance the feminine with the masculine a bit more, like make it more obvious...other than that I love the denim jacket, wool hat and the rest of the accessories.


H&M dress and angora socks; Gryphon NY studded belt; Stella and Dot zoe lariat necklace; Target denim jacket; Steve Madden bandit boots; Blitz Vail hat.

The Zoe Lariat can be worn in many different styles depending on your taste, or outfit option. It's a must for all seasons ;) 



   Hope you guys enjoyed the looks and stay tuned as tomorrow I'm going to share with you the world of Beuty Boxes! How much they are and what comes in what. More looks to come this week as well, as I try to wait patiently for my camera to arrive so I can work on more videos!

Beijos, 


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment