Feb 27, 2013

AccessoriZe + LookBook: Off to the Mall....

   Saturday I was able to take a trip down to the city (ALONE!!!) and even though it seems odd for some people the enjoyment of driving two hours each way just to go to a mall, I often compare myself to the skiers who drive up from Denver and endure hours of traffic to ski for the day. My husband read a woman's venting on the paper about how a powder day for her husband was her equivalent of a shopping trip to the mall and then he finally started to understand that I was not alone and that people have different likes even if it seems like a crazy one....

   Well, my thrill doesn't only come from the actual strolling around in a crowded place but the whole process of seeing what's new in stores, people watching (I'm a visual person, so much inspiration in watching what people are wearing), dressing for the occasion is very much up there on my list of exciting things! Let me open a parentheses and tell you it didn't use to be like this when I lived in Indy because our malls are a 15 minute trip not full of excitement. But what used to be a burden to me about moving here is now quite an enjoyable thing. Also, the drive down the Rocky Mountain is amazing, the scenery is absolutely breathtaking and it never gets old, plus I can sing along loudly (for a full 4 hour period) to the music I fully enjoy with no judgment!!!! (no fights about changing the music either...yay!)

   Here's what I wore to my shopping trip to the most exciting Cherry Creek District (oh, I'm going to miss this place badly).


A great pair of sunglasses goes a loooooong way ;) 

This is one of my favorite necklaces. The Lillith Necklace from Stella and Dot $138, the shirt is still available at H&M and it was my best find so far this season, it retails for $25 and it comes in white, nude, and mint colors!

 My beloved leopard printed booties (from Aldo) are always a success, they just add an instant fab feel to any outfit! Also wearing my coated Joe's jean ;) 
   And as always, invest in a great piece, I have seriously worn my leather motorcycle jacket (that is at least 3 or 4 years old)  every  single day of this past week and it's amazing how I can change the feel of it by switching accessories and pieces of clothing. Ladies don't go cheap on the staple pieces, you won't regret!


   Hope you are having an amazing week!

Beijos, 



 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment