Feb 11, 2013

BeautyTalk: Drew Barrymore's Flower Line


   Last week (following my manager/friend advice to blog about this) I purchased a few products from Drew Barrymore's makeup line Flower sold exclusively at Walmart stores. The whole line is "Made in USA", never tested on animals and politically correct I'm sure it will definitely attract a crowd.

  So I bought their BB cream, lip liner, nail polish, eye liner, brow liner, mascara and the plumping, moisturizer (white package) lipstick. Here is my verdict:

-BB cream ( I got the bb3 color) $12.98, not worth it. That was a dark mud color (grayish almost), very dense and hard to spread on the face, my foundation brush had to be washed three times (no kidding) to get rid of all the residue from it. It does have great coverage but it looks like you have foundation on and honestly that's not what I want from a bb cream.

Flower BB Cream
-Lip liner $5.98: great purchase! I really like that it lasts for hours and it's a  great price point, you can get one in every color!
Flower Lip Liner

-Nail Polish $4.98: not worth it, the colors are super cute but it has a watery consistency and the finish is not the best. Good for the price but if you want your polish to last this won't do it.

Flower nail polish, available in all these colors
-Eye Liner $8.98: AWESOME! Great consistency, glided amazingly on  my lids, it lasted all day even without an eye primer, I bought the navy color and its a bold blue that will be so great for spring/summer! Very good buy, totally recommend it!

Flower long wear eyeliner in Navy
-Brow liner $9.98: not good, it claims "no smudge" but it's so hard to apply, I had to put it on multiple times to see a faint line ( and I'm a total freak about brows, so it might be because I'm extremely picky but I didn't like it at all), on the good side, it comes with a built-in sharpener to keep the tip very thin.

Flower brow liner
-Zoom-in Ultimate Mascara $7.98: what's is really attractive about this mascara is the 3 in 1 wand that retracts from a flat brush for length all the way to a twisted one for maximum volume (at least that was the claim), while the wand is very interesting  I thought the formula was watery and I needed several layers to build up and it didn't really built it up :( also I made a bad bad mistake of buying the waterproof formula without realizing it and it took me two days to get that stuff out of my lashes, I used my Lancome makeup remover which is very oily and gets everything out but this baby....not worth it.

Flower zoom-in ultimate mascara
-Plumping lipstick $5.98: this is the lipstick in the white package that claims to be plumping, didn't see it, plus it was so extremely pigmented  it kind of sat in the cracks of my lips, so unless your lips are pretty plump and moisturized on it's own at all times this is not good for you, it wasn't for me! But on the other hand, my friend got the lip butter and completely loved, so it might be worth a try, the colors didn't seem that pigmented and it looked more moisturizing than the other lipsticks!!!

The first from left is the lip butter and the third from the left is the plumping lipstick.

Hope this will save you time when choosing what to get!

Beijos,


 Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised. I only heard great reviews on the nail polishes. I also LOVE the Zoom-In mascara, but I didn't get the waterproof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lorri, I also heard better reviews on the non-waterproof mascara...very unfortunate I wasn't paying much attention when I purchased mine ;) The polish did not last for me and I tried it twice, hopefully you'll have better luck! Thanks for the comment :D

      Delete