Apr 17, 2013

LookBook: Denim on denim, chunky necklaces, military and rocker chick vibe all in one week's worth of outfits!

   Here I am slacking off again but I do have a good reason: kids on spring break! Wish I had the emoticons do do a face pulling my hair...because that's how I feel this week :) hehehe

   So for last week's looks I've got a mix of of everything for all of your tastes, well maybe not all of them but for most ;)

   Tuesday: I was so excited my Frye white cracked leather amazing boots had arrived and I couldn't wait to wear them...till I did, and found myself looking in the mirror and seeing one of those rodeo girls from Dallas with their white costumy boots and mini skirts cheering for the cowboys....yeah not very me after all. I absolutely loved the concept of the boots but in reality it was something totally different and that's a lesson my dear readers, sometimes just because we love a trend it doesn't mean it works for us, in this case I think if I grew a few inches I might've been able to pull it off but since that's not happening I simply returned the lovely "Dallas" boots (that's how I nicknamed them!!) 

Xoxo nude leather jacket; Blanknyc skinny jean; Levi's denim shirt; Frye white cracked leather boots; Target patent nude skinny belt; Stella and Dot Zahara Bib Necklace. 

    I wanted a clean look for that day, nudes and denim on denim were my choice, I love the Zahara Bib neckalace from Stella and Dot because of it's versatility, it can go totally dressy or totally casual. And yes, I decided on the sky high nude patent pumps! 

The option was: frye cowboy boot or sky high pumps.....not sure it's just me but man I look a lot leaner on the pumps, no?!

Denim on denim with nude accents and Zahara Bib necklace that goes with just about anything

   Wednesday: I was trying a black smokey eye look for day (for a video), soft yet powerful like a black smokey eye should be! So to go along with the soft and hard of the black eye for day I combined a flowy and silky blouse in a cream color with my Joe's coated denim that gives the look of leather, as well and the harsh feeling of studded heels with the softness of a furry creamy color coat :)


Tibi furry short sleeve coat; Joe's coated pant; Rebecca Taylor cream top with black accents; Truth or Dare studded heels; H&M black skinny belt; Stella and Dot Lucia pearl bracelet and earrings. 


I love how the boho chic vibe of the top plays well with the edginess of the coated pant and it all goes along with the smokey eye ;)
    Thursday: Another try on the smokey eye ( I want it to be perfect for you my friends) and yet another edgy look. I really love the military vibe, it's polished and put together and I'm one for the tailored clothing rather than the loose, even tough I have my share of loose stuff and am not a fan of the super body con bandage dresses and all...oops! So for this look I opted for pants instead of the skirt I was planning to wear, the texture of the shirt is very thick and it shows through when tucked in so I had to play with it for a while until I managed the perfect tuck!

Ralph Lauren military shirt; BCBG faux leather legging; Aldo studded boots; Juice couture belt bracelet; Stella and dot spiky, studded and chain bracelets; Target yellow and gold combo bracelet
   Does this necklace makes you feel like Christmas as much as it did me?!  Hehehehe

Loved the big bubbly necklace (now on sale at Blitz Boutique in Vail) with the rest of the outfit, so unexpected!
   Friday:  clearly I was in a Rock & Roll mood! Once again it started with a makeup look I saw on Ivete Sangalo (an axe singer from Brazil) who was wearing a big cat eye and red lips and so I wanted to try on the look and automatically associated with a bit of goth, all black ensemble. Now thinking back I would've loved a white crispy shirt with a light wash skinny jean better but hey, too little too late!


Zac Posen pleated skirt; Zara skull tee; Bebe motorcycle jacket; Aldo studded boots; Stella and Dot bracelets

   As the week progressed and I had no time to wash my hair, up it went on a high up ponytail with a bit of a bump - a small one. Thank goodness for dry shampoo :D

   Also, I switched off to a high bootie once at the store.

Forever 21 super high booties

Wrap leather belt Brave; Stella and Dot bracelets except for the chained one that is Ralph Lauren; studs earnings Rachel Roy.

   So I really hope you've enjoyed this week's mini lookbook as it was probably the last big one for a while, I'm done working for the season (well I have a few more days to cover vacations and such but not as often) so while I'll have more time to blog I won't have as many dressy occasions to be a part of, but do not worry as I'm planning a bunch of fun outfit videos with a ton of tips so stay tuned! As always your feedback is highly welcomed as well as your subcscription to my youtube chanel and/or blog!

   Check out and LIKE my Facebook page to see what I'm working on before goes on the blog: facebook.com/karinastylediaries

   Subscribe to my You Tube channel to show me your support and give me stamina to keep on doing them: youtube.com/stylediaries79

   Follow me on Instagram for everyday pics of my outfits, and family adventures: instagram.com/karinastylediaries

   As of now I'm working on videos and promisse I'll have one out by Friday if not tomorrow :)

Beijos,



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment