Apr 2, 2013

LookBook: Cores and Flores :)

   For last week's lookbook I used and abused of prints. I must be honest when it comes to prints...I didn't use to be attracted to a whole lot of them but lately I've been starting my outfits with the cutesy things...

  My week really starts on Tuesday as I work from Tuesday through Friday, unless you'd like to see me in my sweats cleaning the house on Mondays (with my messy hair and peeling nail polish...not pretty!

  Tuesday: I wanted to wear my black leather pencil skirt but since its a bit long and conservative I thought I'd spice it up a bit with a cute silky cheetah print blouse and the amazing Emerald Green accessories from Stella and Dot spring collection! Available at www.stelladot.com/kareske 
 It just made it that much more youthful of an outfit!

Les Copains Leather skirt; Forever 21 blouse; Nine West pumps; Stella and Dot Jolie necklace, zinnia bracelet and julep bangle in ivory.
   TIP 1: When you choose to wear prints with colorful accessories try and stay neutral or within thesame color family. That will ensure the harmony of the outfit and no pieces will "fight" against each other ;)


   Wednesday:  Brian brought my floral, ruffly blouse from Indy and I just wanted to wear it now! It would've worked with regular skinny blue jeans also but I wanted to dress up the look a bit, so I picked a pair of shinny silk pants to go with it! Chunky pearl necklace in a titanium shade, just for a change ;)

Joie floral blouse; BCBG MaxAzria navy blue pant; Isadora Pearl Bib Necklace (as seen in Allure magazine).
  TIP 2: To dress up this outfit I used a tailored silk pant, it's still loose but has a skinny look to it. Be careful when wearing two loose fit pieces, you can easily loose the balance of the outfit and look sloppy instead of put together! When in doubt, go with a great fit jean.

Zara nude leather jacket; Nine West rounded toe pump
   Thursday:  First let me brag about this amazing DVF dress I snagged at the store on sale, like a fraction of the original cost ladies, I'm soooooo happy!!!! Needless to say how much I love B&W, and when this came with a touch of coral (really hot for spring) it was love at first sight :) not to mention the geometric shapes that are so trendy. I couldn't wait for a sunny day to sport this cutie so I paired the dress with heavy tights and a motorcycle jacket.

DVF dress; Stella and Dot Olivia Bib Necklace; Brave leather belt.

TIP 3: Even though this dress is a 4 and I'm usually a 0 or a 2 I made it work, this is the best tip I've ever heard when it comes to shopping for clothes, use a tailor girls! Don't be afraid of trying on bigger sizes and don't mind the size tag, they're usually not right anyway! Just buy the dress that makes you feel wonderful. In this case a belt was my best friend and we cut off 4 inches of each strap so the dress wasn't "hanging" on me!  

Add a touch of Rock & Roll with some studded boots (Aldo shoes) and a Moto leather jacket! Stella and Dot bracelets.

Earrings Stella and Dot; Ray Ban wayfarers, and finish the look with a cat eye! Meowwwww



 


    Have a blessed week!

Beijos,

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment