Jan 10, 2013

TrendReport: Straight from the runways 2013 spring trends

   Bye-bye 2012, hello 2013! And with that we are now officially looking forward to the spring season and its fun and bright palettes, flowy silhouettes and what else?!

   Well, well, well here I am ready to give you an overview of the top 7 spring trends...

1.  Black & White! Yesssss, I'm so excited about this one since it's my favorite "color" combo (or alone really). I know it's a timeless combination but it's coming strong this season down the runways, some Karl should be excited and right on his comfort zone, huh?!

Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Chloe...what else do we need again?!
   2.  Mix of Geometric Shapes with Stripes . Another rush of excitement (yes, I do get excited quite easily!!) but what's cool about these is that the stripes come in a vertical too, and thicker than we've seen. Which is refreshing from the basic navy look SO last year!!! The mixing with other geometric shapes goes along with the mix prints we had last year too but in a bolder way.



Balmain Resort 2013 (Balmain is one of my faves so far!)



Christian Dior, Balmain, Marc Jacobs and Dolce & Gabbana

3.  Leather Glam. I absolutely LOVE leather, the smell of it, the feel of it, the sheen of it, it all feels so glamorous and luxurious...well, if you are also a "leatha lova" this trend is still going strong my friend! Is it ever not on trend?! Well, not for me but this season it's stronger than ever.

Derek Lam, Monique Lhuillier, Proenza Schouler
Derek Lam, Monique Lhullier, Proenza Schouler



4. Cute Caps, anyone?! As a hat lover I must be honest and tell you I'm not so looking forward to this one...just not me but the caps this spring come with all kinds of bling if that makes it better...hehehe


Catherine Malandrino, Jeremy Scott and DKNY

5.  Green! You name it: kelley, emerald, jade, neon or whatever the heck of green you think of, it's on! Green is the color of the year but if you think it stops right there, not so much. A lot of designers showed the bright neons that seem to stick around, well if you ask me nothing speaks spring louder than some BRIGHTS!!!

Shades of Green
Michael Kors, Vera Wang and Reem Acra

Simon Rocha, Burberry Prorsum


6.  Romantic Beading, the work of art of the beading continues fully exquisite this spring. Rich details that are so delicate at the same time now can also come in an edgier form.

Oscar de la Renta, Altuzarra, Marchesa
Oscar de La Renta, Altuzarra and Marchesa

7. Lastly The Shoe! Designers seem to be still in a fall mood when they created the open shoes that are knee high, just when we thought the gladiator thing was a thing of the past here they com again full of leather an buckles except this time they grew a few inches up our legs....I can wait to get my hand on one of those, they look so Avant Garde! Booties are also hot and the platform thing is slowly fading (thank Goodness!) and giving room for stylish flats and lower heels.


Alexander Wang, Altuzarra, Derek lam and the threeASFOUR.


Hope you enjoyedand like me can't wait to wear all of these amazing trends!

Beijos,


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment