Mar 19, 2013

KarinaStyleTravels: NYC - March 2013 (DAY 2)

   So there we were waking up to a late start, as if losing 5 hours (due to my flight delay) was not enough, I also picked the weekend of the time change and lost yet another precious hour :/ so not happy about that...but I had no time to be unhappy about anything, or tired, or cranky, I had only a day left to enjoy myself, my friends and the city!

  First stop off the subway was the famous NY fashion week spot Bryant Park, and even though the trees were bare it only added to the beauty of the place and its surrounding buildings, such as the black and gold one that I love!


Beautiful sunny Sunday morning at the Bryant Park
   As we head to our destination we pass the New York Public Library and I can't help myself but think of Carrie and Big's wedding flop! Hehehe

NY Public Library
    Next stop: The Empire State Building. Breathtaking views kept me there longer than I should've, it was coooooold, and I forgot my little furry scarf, so I headed down to the closest H&M, they have one in every corner and purchased myself a spring scarf! I apologize for the bad quality of these photos, not sure what happened :(

Empire State Building views

Empire State Building views

Chrysler Building view, and we could also see Karin's building across the river! So cool ;)

This quickly became my favorite picture, taken by the security guard! He should be a photographer! hehehe 
    Now, off to find a place to eat and as our friend Livia suggested we should check out the "Eataly" which is sort of an Italian market with everything you can imagine from Italy. Such as; coffee, desserts, sodas, cold meats, appetizers, wines, and little restaurants each one with a different specialty. All inside the same space. Very cool, totally worth a visit!
 
   The eataly is located at the Flatiron district, named after the Flatiron Building at 23rd St, Broadway and Fifth Avenue.

Flatiron District, Karin and I :)

Flatiron Building

   Inside the Eataly we picked the sea food restaurant. Livia suggested the "Fritto Misto" which is a fried dish of fish, calamari and shrimp. Yum!!! All that with a glass of Pinot Griggio, I was in Italian heaven ;)  

The restaurants are open kitchen style, you can see them cooking everything, very neat!


Love the prosciutto hanging from the iron bar back there! Hahaha reminds me of my Portuguese dad hanging the sausages to dry out all over our laundry room when I was growing up!  


Fritto Misto at Eataly - Flatiron District, NY
    After our awesome meal, espressos and Italian sodas we headed home to get ready for the Stella and Dot trunk show! Except we got a bit lost in the subway and were running late....oops!

   Finally made it back to Karin's home, we set up and open a bottle of red. Time to catch up with the beautiful ladies Amy and Katie and meet sweet Brazilian Juliana. We had such a great time (or at least I did!!!) that the show lasted all nigh and when I realized it was already midnight (and the bottles of wine were all empty...) oops #2.

Karin, me, Amy and Katie

Cute little Amy! We're wearing the jewelry but you can barely see :(

Fab Katie and I wearing spring's must haves!

    Well, I'm sorry to say but that was about it. I went to bed late that night and woke up super early, needless to say how I felt the next day, right?! Let's keep it classy, shall we? ;)  hehehe

   ***Outfit note: for this day I wore a pair of Zara light wash denim; BCBG Max Azria gold tank top; Zara nude leather jacket with a peplum; Rebecca Minkoff mini-mac; and my Sorel snow boots! 

   I really enjoyed sharing my trip details with you. Hope you got to laugh a little with me!!!

Beijos,



 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment